Orphanage Arial view

Orphanage Arial view


Monday, September 6, 2010

1 week and 1 day till departure!

"Remember the last few verses of 1 Corinthians 3: 'For all things are yours... and you are Christ's; and Christ is God's. Throughout all our personality we are God's and since God has made our whole selves, there is great joy in realizing who is our Creator. this realization is to permeate every area and level of life. In appreciation of beauty, mountains, music, poetry, knowledge, people, science--even in the tang of an apple--God is there, to reflect the joy of his presence in the believer who will realize God's purposes in all things". (Pete Fleming) Through the Gates of Splendor.


I so desire this time to look for the sweetness of Christ in all things. My prayer for this first 3 months away is to seek the Lord with ALL my heart, soul, mind and strength. To put Christ first and foremost and everything else will fall into place. I am praying about volunteering at another orphanage in Peru, but I don't want my planning for that to take away from the time I have now in Honduras. God has been so faithful to lead me and show me where to go and He will continue to do so as I seek His will in my life.


Please be praying for:
Safety as my friend Lindsay and I travel next Tuesday, September 14! (Central America Independence Day) :)
That we would not get the Dengue fever ( caused from mosquitos, and apparently a few of the kids at the orphanage have it, totally fine, but we were told to take extra precautions)
That my focus would be Christ, and trust Him with my future plans
The food there is apparently only rice, beans and noodles, which I love, but takes a toll on the body, so a good attitude and strength to do my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment