Orphanage Arial view

Orphanage Arial view


Sunday, September 12, 2010

A roll of Toilet Paper, really?

So, here I sit, 3 days till departure! Crazy, this prep time has flown by and I think I am ready to go:) I have been fervently praying these last few days and week about this next 3 months. I am a little nervous to see how God will use and stretch me but really pumped to see how this affects my relationship with Him. 


This last week I have been experiencing high stress. I hate that about sinful nature, I am a worry wort. But I don't want to miss out these last few days on the great many blessings God has for me before I fly to Central America. God has been teaching me trust the last 24 years and I am slowly realizing that to not trust is sin. And I am missing out on the many joys of  leaning on Christ. 


I am reading, "On Being a Servant of God," by Warren Wiersbe. Excellent book on serving the Lord. I was challenged with the thought to be proactive in my reading. I tend to sometimes flip through my Bible and the first encouraging verse that jumps out I claim to be just what I need. And sometimes it is, but thats not how God wants us to live out our faith. Flipping through His word to meet the needs of where I am at. I need to be diligent in studying Gods word and as I do that, He will allow His words to meet my needs at just the right time, God is big enough to do that for His children. 


So, in saying all that, I wanted to prep my heart with a verse that I could claim while I am down in Honduras. I had been praying about which verse or passage it should be and in reading "On Being a Servant of God," the one that the Lord laid on my heart is 2 Chronicles 28:20. "David said to his son Solomon: Be strong and brave! Dot it! Don't be afraid and don't panic! for the LORD God, my God, is with you. He will not leave you or abandon you before all the work for the service of the LORD'S temple is finished."


This was just the words that I needed, to remind me, "Molly, do it, this is where God wants you these next 3 months."  The God of David that strengthened him and Solomon, is the same God I get to serve and He will not abandon me! Praise God! 


On a lighter more random note, I received an email about bringing Toilet Paper with me, hmmmm, and yes, still a bit stumped on why, but, I have learned to not ask questions and do as I am told:) This could be more of a challenge than I thought! ha

No comments:

Post a Comment